If your business relies on cargo to be shipped by sea, you’ll want to know that it’s protected from the moment it leaves its departure point to the moment it arrives at your business door. Marine insurance is vital to protect your cargo from the obvious potential damage that might come from it being on the sea (i.e. leakage or it goes down with a sinking ship).
However, there are other less obvious reasons why your cargo might be compromised when on the move, from such things as theft or piracy, fire or an explosion, or indeed storms and other weather threats might cause damage to your precious cargo while in transit.
Who is it for?
For any business or organisation that depends on cargo to arrive by sea, road, rail and air, Marine Insurance is something that you should not be without.
What does Marine Insurance cover?
A typical Marine Insurance policy will provide cover for:
- Carriers Protect – This insurance covers cargo while in transit. It is flexible, with multiple options and designed by people who understand logistics. This may assist in Commercial Transport.
- Combined Cargo – This insurance may assist if you are sending or receiving cargo overseas or within Australia. Available for a one-off use, or multi-use over a 12-month period.
- Home & Contents in Transit – Moving home? Get cover for your contents or other specified goods for loss or damage while it is being moved.
- Inland Cargo – If you are moving cargo around Australia, this insurance is for owners or the sender or receiver of these goods.
- Mobile Phone & Portable Computers – Cover your phone and portable computers for accidental loss or damage within Australia. This insurance covers it both in location and in transit.
- Tools of Trade – Got tools or stock in trade to cover. This insurance covers you for loss or damage.
Contact Riverina Finance & Insurance Solutions
For more information or to arrange cover for you or your business, please contact us and speak with one of our advisers.