Landlords Insurance

Quite simply, Landlords Insurance is vital for all investment property owners, to safeguard you from an extensive list of potential adverse events including loss of rent, theft or burglary, accidental or malicious damage and so much more.

Being a landlord is not easy but Riverina Finance & Insurance Solutions can assist in making sure that your investment has the right cover for the unexpected. If you own an investment property, by its very nature you won’t be around it often to see that it is protected against any unforeseen damages or destruction.

Who is it for?

Anyone who owns an investment property that is rented out should consider Landlord’s Insurance. Landlord policies differ in that some will only cover you for a selection of scenarios.

What does this insurance cover?

A typical landlord insurance policy will cover the building’s permanent fixtures and fittings against unforeseen damage or destruction. It also offers the option of insuring your belongings or contents that reside in the building, such as furnishings and home appliances.

Standard policies will generally offer protection against:

  • Explosions
  • Water damage
  • Vandalism and theft
  • Lease break (when the tenants leave the premises before due date)
  • Natural disasters
  • Civil unrest and rioting

Building Cover for:

  • Pipes, cables, fixed appliances (e.g. dishwashers, air conditioners)
  • Gas or plumbing systems
  • Fixtures and fittings (except for carpets, loose floor coverings, curtains & internal blinds)
  • Exterior blinds and awnings
  • Some external structures
  • Liability coverage, which protects you from legal responsibility in case of an unforeseen accident where a person sustains an injury at your rental property

Contact Riverina Finance & Insurance Solutions

For more information or to arrange cover for you or your business, please contact us and speak with one of our advisers.